RF Systems Engineer, Electromagnetic Modelling for antenna design
RF SYSTEMS ENGINEER, ELECTROMAGNETIC MODELLING FOR ANTENNA DESIGN
Role Title and Location: RF Systems Engineer, Electromagnetic Modelling for antenna design - Bristol/Stevenage
Job Ref No: P7396B
MBDA: Level 4
Reports to: Group Leader Data Link Systems
The growing workload available within MBDA has created an opportunity in a team of specialised RF professionals for a data link systems engineer specialising in antenna concept design.
The Data Link Systems Group is responsible for the specification, assessment and delivery of a range of sub-systems used within complex weapon systems. Each member of the team performs a range of tasks and engages regularly with other areas of the business, external suppliers and customers.
- The successful applicant will be responsible for the design of novel antennas to support a number of developments that satisfy challenging performance requirements whilst meeting the constraints associated with integration into the wider system.
- You will also contribute to a number of other aspects of data link and RF system design from sub-system specification, modelling, conducting trials as well as doing research associated with future products.
- You will help to define the future roadmaps for data link products within MBDA and be involved in research and development programmes to mature the technology required to support this.
What’s in it for you?
- Varied work with a range of opportunities across multiple projects to support your professional development
- You will be supported by a team with extensive experience of RF systems and subsystems and have access to testing facilities and design tools needed to supply state-of-the-art solutions
- Development of RF and electronics expertise and the good opportunity to cultivate/improve your application of systems engineering in a technical discipline
- Opportunities to work with colleagues at other MBDA sites both in the UK and across Europe
- Excellent training opportunities in a broad range of subjects, both through formal and/or on the job training
What’s great about the team?
- You’ll be joining a dynamic team focused on the development of technically complex products with a diverse set of customer projects across the MBDA group.
- The team is committed to delivering in demanding timescales and provides a supportive environment to enable all team members to contribute to providing world class capability to our customers.
What are we looking for?
- Ideally Qualified to degree level or equivalent experience
- Ability to motivate yourself and others to achieve demanding and evolving tasks while maintaining a calm professional manner
- A team player who can work collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary team as well as with personnel from other European nations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills being able to communicate with all levels effectively; able to challenge, negotiate and influence to achieve a desired goal/outcome.
- Practical antenna design experience using HFSS or CST MWS
- Experience in 3D design tools such as Creo would be beneficial
- Hands on experience of antenna pattern measurements using anechoic chambers
- Modelling skills including proficiency with tools such as MATLAB and/or Simulink
- Some background in information security and implications for data links would be beneficial
What would you get?
Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)