Technical Marketing Manager - Lighting Solutions
A leading Lighting Solutions company is seeking an experienced Technical Marketing Manager to assist with driving and managing the lighting activities within the assigned territory. You will be responsible for providing technical support to both the Technical and Sales teams within the business. You will be required to ensure that the teams are fully up-to-date with resources and enablers (products, solutions, tools, demos etc.) in order to help accelerate the adoption of Solid State Lighting. You will be at the forefront of the team by participating in the definition & creation of such enablers, and then communicate all updates to the relevant teams.
· 5+ years' experience in Technical Sales ideally with relevance to the Lighting.
· Good communications skills and proactive attitude.
· Basic understanding of supplier selection processes within the Lighting markets
· Bachelor or Master's degree in Electronic or Electrical Engineering or equivalent (opto or power electronics preferably)
· Knowledge of solid state lighting is a definite asset
· Commercially astute, organised and self-motivated
· Capable of basic system design and prototyping
· To be able to clearly articulate the company's vision and corporate objectives and ensures work activities are aligned accordingly.
· Act as a central point for technical enquiries from field & corporate personnel.
· Provide regular updates to the team on available products and technical resources via e-mails, newsletter, webcast, live training…
· Educate and enable the team to use available sources of information and tools.
· Provide clear and accurate associative solutions expertise.
· Interfaces with focus supplier and associate suppliers and maintain the database. Assist with NPI and on boarding new suppliers.
· Manage EMEA demo pool including demo creation & maintenance. Identify needs and suggest demos and tools to develop.
· Coordinates with other regions and Technical Marketing teams.
This opportunity will allow you to develop your experience within a market leading company and take full ownership of some of the processes. You will be the go-to person within the division and hold authority over some decisions and strategies, plus you will work closely with senior management and over see both the technical and commercial teams within this division. This position offers excellent potential to develop and will open up fantastic internal opportunities in the future.