Mechanical Design Engineer
IC Resources is looking for an exceptional Mechanical Design Engineer who thrives working on challenging projects. With a focus on new wearables and cutting-edge sensor enabled product designs, the projects require a methodical and analytical approach when researching/characterising issues as well as excellent mechanical knowledge and creativity when developing solutions. You will be working within a small cross-functional in-house product R&D team as well as in conjunction with external parties, which will make this role suited to an engineer with excellent professional and communication skills.
The successful candidate will have:
* 5+ experience in as a Mechanical Engineering in Product R&D.
* Excellent degree in Mechanical Engineering and analytical approach
* Ability to produce prototypes and test/measure apparatus.
* Excellent CAD skills (Solidworks preferred)
* Good knowledge of engineering processes and ability to generate clear project documentation.
* Experience with research/investigative type projects
* Good knowledge of design for manufacture (DfM)
* Experience working with mass-produced plastic and metal components
* Proven experience of full product development life cycle (Requirements capture to Mass Manu-facture)
* Ability to travel to East Asia during transfer to manufacturing phases of development
Desirable experience includes:
* Experience developing wearable devices / designing for comfort
* Experience with soft materials (silicones, fabrics, foams)
* Experience with ergonomics/anthropometrics and customer testing
If you fulfill the above criteria and would like further details please contact Sasha Booth at IC Resources.