Principal Mechanical Engineer
I'm searching for a Principal Mechanical Engineer who will join a R+D team in Utrecht focusing on research and innovative solutions for professional products.
The Principal Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for driving the engineering aspect of innovation projects from concept through verification and validation and on to implementation. This includes design, development, testing/verification and technical report writing. You have the ability to project manage external resources as required.
- Be leading in creative design processes for innovation projects
- Cooperate within multi-functional projects. Interact with Marketing, Quality and Supply chain to extract all requirements relevant to the technical design
- Design and development of parts and assemblies and production of associated specification documents /drawings using CAD tools.
- Work with production partners to bring concepts into first series and final production moulds.
- Ensuring that systems are designed and developed with the appropriate attention to detail and quality levels .
- Responsible for creation of test requirements, test protocols and definition of test equipment.
- Accountable for the verification and validation of the system against the agreed requirements .
- Responsible for building early prototypes (with proto machines and in workshop)
- 10+ years' experience in equipment or consumer product development
- 7-10 years of experience working within an engineering or design team and with external partners in a similar subject area.
- Experience of project management processes and working with external design resources .
- Good management skills to prioritise work and ensure timely delivery of projects .
- Proven project delivery record.
- Creative and innovative.
- Good team working and communication skills.
- Fluent in English.
- Willing to travel in Europe and outside Europe if needed.
Specific skills required:
- CAD Skills, preferably Solidworks
- Hands on / prototyping skills
- Detailed understanding of and experience with plastics manufacturing processes, such as injection moulding
Useful industry backgrounds: Consumer products, Medical Devices, Consumer Electronics, Automotive, Professional Products.
Keywords: Principal Mechanical Engineer, Mechanical Design, Consumer, Medical Devices, Automotive, Plastic Injection Moulding, Utrecht, Netherlands.
If this position matches your skills please get in touch: email@example.com
Apply for Principal Mechanical Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly