Mechanical Engineer, Medical Devices
Mechanical Engineer - Medical Devices
35K - 50K DOE
I'm searching for a Mechanical Engineer to join an innovative Medical Devices company in Cambridgeshire. The Mechanical Engineer will work on a number of innovation projects to identify, design and develop new drug delivery products.
* Contribute to the development of new drug delivery devices, from early stage product concepts to ready for clinical trial product.
* Contribute as a team member to allocated work-streams within innovation projects, to meet project targets and ensure output meets with customer expectations and operational needs.
* Utilise project and engineering knowledge to drafts extracts of technical reports and design documentation for review and input into (client) reports ensuring that they are accurate and informed.
* Adopt a continuous improvement approach by proactively seeking out development opportunities by learning and attending training courses to ensure that department has right skills to deliver business needs.
* Provide competent engineering and process knowledge to support activities and business decision making within speciality area.
* Procure prototype parts using appropriate manufacture techniques, such as rapid prototyping and machining.
* Liaising with appropriate suppliers, procure tools and commission parts to meet the agreed product / component specification.
* Carry out diligent laboratory testing, including creation of test protocols, designing and procuring test apparatus, analysis of results and report writing.
ESSENTIAL KEY ATTRIBUTES:
* Educated to degree level (or equivalent), preferably in an Engineering subject. Demonstrable industry experience.
* Experience of using a 3D parametric CAD system such as Solidworks for creating parts, assemblies and drawings.
* Experience of analytical engineering analysis.
* Experience of a range of engineering processes including conducting test processes, writing reports (technical and design/specification documentation), experimental diligence and the ability
* to collect analyse and interpret data.
* Knowledge of a range of rapid prototyping techniques and processes.
* Ability to work in a multi-functional team and to build relationships with peers.
* Ability to manage own time and work in a fast paced environment and on multiple projects
* A 'can do' attitude and plenty of initiative.