Process Development Engineer - Advanced Instrumentation OEM
As a result of double-digit growth, a newly created role has arisen for a scientific instrumentation Product Development Systems Engineer. This is a strategic senior role to support our client's need to increase their capabilities in preparation for further growth and business expansion due to increased global customer demands. Please note this role is based in Oxfordshire / M4 corridor area, relocation can be provided for the right candidate.
The company is a rapidly growing post-early stage advanced scientific instrumentation manufacturer that has pioneered disruptive metrology solutions for leading-edge technology industries - these include semiconductor, life sciences and research applications.
As a Product Development Systems Engineer your responsibilities will include:
• Operating across the product life cycle and as the interface between physics, electronics and mechanical to develop, test and release improvements and new items;
• Providing project management as well as being a hands-on senior engineer, developing systems architecture and providing solutions to technical problems;
• Diagnosing complex subsystem problems across algorithms, software, electronics, mechanics and optics.
The successful Product Development Systems Engineer will have the following skills and experience:
• Demonstrable hands-on experience within a similar role for complex mechatronic (ideally vacuum based) scientific capital equipment e.g. Metrology, analytical instrumentation, AFM (Atomic Force Microscope), SEM (Scanning Electron Microscope), surface analysis systems, semiconductor process tools, sensor technology or other scientific/life sciences related advanced instrumentation;
• Degree equivalent or above in a relevant engineering discipline mechanical, electronics or a science related subject ideally, physics
• The ability to diagnose and fault-find to component level and read / understand electronic circuit schematics;
• Working knowledge and detailed understanding of product life cycles
• Strong project management skills.
In return, you will receive a salary of between £50,000 - £60,000 pa plus spot bonus, annual bonus, attractive early stage share option programme, employer matching pension plus relocation support if required.
Apply for Process Development Engineer - Advanced Instrumentation OEM
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly