System Engineer/SW Designer
ConSol Partners' market leading client provides turnkey systems and solutions for satellite testing. These test systems are to be used during the different phases of assembly, integration and verification and test of the various subsystems of a satellite (radio frequency units, telemetry and telecomm interfaces and processing, power supplies and simulation, payload and instruments). The test systems are designed, configured, assembled, integrated and tested in their labs and finally delivered to their customers (major satellite manufacturers) and commissioned at their premises. The test systems comprise of their own products for satellite protection and interface testing and are fully controlled by their test software.
- Requirement engineering, analysis, design, implementation of control software for Satellite Power Subsystem and interface tests by configuring existing test framework (implemented in C, C++, Tcl/Tk and JScript)
- Participate and midterm takeover of SW and Systems Design of such systems.
- System testing of the complete Satellite Test-Systems
- Contribute to overall system design (e.g. rack layout, cabling, harness, SW architecture, test strategy, etc.)
- Close contact to customers and suppliers in all project phases (Design, Review, Warranty, Surveys)
- C, C++, embedded development, some SW architectural background
- Some HW background in electrical engineering, preferably also about (switched) power supplies
- TCP and UDP communication, control of COTS devices (SCPI)
- Optional: various customer-specific protocols, e.g. ECSS, EDEN, …
- Profound SW development experience
- Measurement techniques
- Test automation
- HW background, embedded development,
- Beneficial: experience with power supplies, control engineering, PM experience
- English (min. level B2)
We are a leading consultancy in the niche IT sector. We work with companies ranging from small start-ups to multinational conglomerates on both permanent and freelance positions.
ConSol Partners focus only on niche markets to give unrivalled access to our extensive network of highly skilled candidates so we can delivery only the highest quality to our clients.
Founded in 2008, ConSol Partners are one of the world's leading technology recruitment brands with headquarters in the City of London and international offices in Los Angeles & Boston. ConSol Partners provide permanent and contract recruitment solutions to FTSE & Fortune 500 companies, global brands and start-ups across the internet supply chain of Communications, Cloud and Digital.