VOIP/VOLTE Software Development Engineer
Market leader in set top boxes
- Define the SW architecture for new embedded gateways and services related to voip: customer requirement analysis, translation of high-level specifications into SW design and implementation, provide input for SW development plans.You perform in a team of SW engineers, interacting with project managers and technical customer contacts.
- SW design/development/validation of service oriented network applications keeping in mind the possibilities and restrictions of an embedded device (gateway, set top box, …) running linux.
- Operate in a multi-disciplinary agile team following an iterative development model (scrum) ensuring quality by applying different validation techniques (unit, component, feature, … test) during development and continuous integration, making use of advanced SW tools
- Cooperate with OEM partners
- Experience with developing voice releated applications/services for an embedded device managed by a linux based OS.
- Experience with debugging/testing on an embedded device.
Experience with network programming in a GNU/linux environment.
Experience with real time and time critical application programming is a plus.
Strong coding skills in C, scripting languages, shell.
Knowledge of the linux operating system concepts.
Able to determine and list requirements for a given task.
Able to write an architecture/design document.
An eye for security.
Knowledge of SIP, LTE, VoLTE, DECT, IMS standards and protocols
Excellent testing and debugging skill and familiar with related SW test tools
Knowledge of computer network concepts (bridge, switch, routing, TCP/IP, firewall, NAT, …).
Familiar with usage of GNU toolchain (gcc, gdb).
Knowledge of source versioning systems (GIT) is a plus.
Affinity with real time HW operating programming is a plus