As Electronics technician in the EF Section, you will play an active role in defining technical specifications, following the projects with customers, and providing technical solutions for the development and production of PCB and PCB-like products from the circuit layout to the final product.
This will involve:
-Preparing technical dossiers, designing detector components layouts (hybrids, PCBs) from specifications and assuring autonomous job follow up, including costing.
-Producing hybrid circuit and printed circuit boards.
-Diagnosing problems of fabrication, providing feedback and elaborating solutions to improve fabrication processes.
-Taking active part in all phases of detector manufacturing process, in some cases up to the full assembly stage and quality control.
-Managing component supply and purchasing orders.
-Contributing to the maintenance of the workshop infrastructure.
Higher technical diploma in the field of electronics or equivalent.
Experience and competencies
The experience required for this post is:
- Experience in the field of multi-layer PCB fabrication processes: image pattern processing, photoengraving, lamination, via hole and solder pad plating, photo-image and electrical quality inspections.
- General knowledge about modern high-density electronics.
- Knowledge of gas detectors functionality (namely, micro-pattern gas detectors) and their application domains would be an advantage.
The technical competencies required for this post are:
- Circuit layout, including related techniques and tools.
- Hybrid circuit and printed circuit board fabrication, including related techniques and tools: micro-vias, fine pitch tracks (15um), sbu, galvanoplastic metallization processes (copper, nickel, gold, silver, etc.).
- Definition of manufacturing method, process, preparation, planning, drawing, and control.
- Knowledge of quality and reliability assurance techniques and tools: practice of production quality tests and global understanding of physics performance tests.
The language competencies required are:
- Spoken and written English or French: ability to understand and speak the other language in routine situations.
Employing a diverse and international workforce is a CERN core value and central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States irrespective of gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or personal situation.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 12.01.2017.
By applying here, you allow CERN to consider your application for any position it considers relevant with respect to your profile. Please ensure you update your profile regularly with any relevant information and that you inform the recruitment service if you wish your file to be removed from the database.
Note on Employment Conditions
We offer a limited-duration contract for a period of 5 years. Limited-duration contracts shall terminate by default on their date of expiry.
Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
This function requires:
- Work during nights, Sundays and official holidays, when required by the needs of the Organization.