Operation Support System Engineer
This role is for leading the Operational Support System (OSS) for the new ARM IoT BU SaaS group. The position is located in ARM's Oulu, Cambridge or Kfar-Neter design centre and will require some travel to the other BU design centres.
The ARM SaaS group is expected to provide a reliable environment running 24 by 7 with 99.999% uptime.
Job Purpose & Accountabilities:
We are looking for an experienced, hands-on engineer, capable of defining, implanting and developing processes and 3rd party tools to enable us to run our SaaS operation in an optimized and lean structure.
The successful candidate will lead supporting tool implementation, set run-books, will be in charge for Root Cause Analysis, hosting agreement and plans for production deployment.
We are always evaluating new and improved techniques and methodologies - the candidate should embrace this on-going innovation process, and become part of it.
- In charge of the Analyze root causes of operational malfunctions and provide resolutions.
- Handle escalated issues and follow-up on outstanding issues promptly.
- Develop preventive measures and document issue resolution procedures.
- Define operational processes to improve efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
- Deploy, Support and maintain 3rd party supporting tool e.g. ServiceNow, PagerDuty, Akami, Pingdom
- Assist in budget preparation and resource allocation for support services.
- Assess capacity required
- Plan for production deployment.
- Test disaster recovery and business continuity process
- Synchronize overall team for releases and go live
- SLA Reporting
- University degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Computer Engineering. Other disciplines will also be considered with relevant experience.
- At least 5 years of experience working with production systems.
- At least 2 years of experience in SaaS operation.
- Passion about new technology and solutions.
- Self and fast learner.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills - excellent written and spoken English.
- Experience with defining process flows
- On-call duty requirements
- Travel 10% of the time
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Ability to motivate teams and achieving a "win-win" solution.
- Automation background (Rest-API, Ruby, Chef and more)
- Familiarity with AWS.