Our client Denchi Power is the UK’s leading supplier of high reliability battery systems and is looking to strengthen its engineering team through the appointment of an Embedded Software Engineer. Denchi Power has been designing and manufacturing batteries from its base in Thurso, Scotland for over 15 years and supplies blue chip customers in the defence, security, aerospace, oil and gas and renewables markets. Denchi is poised to go through a period of sustained growth with some key projects starting in the defence and energy markets and planning to triple turnover in the next 3-5 years.
Salary on offer for this position is up to £60,000 depending on experience plus relocation assistance up to £8,000
The primary role is the development of software systems for the management, protection and charging of batteries ranging in size between Wh and MWh. The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to all phases of the product lifecycle from initial concept through design, development and verification as well as through-life support.
Essential skills and experience:
- Strong structured software development skills.
- Professional experience of the full lifecycle of embedded systems eg using C and CASE tools.
- Honours degree in a relevant subject (Masters preferred).
- Proven ability to work in a small multifunctional project team (including mechanical, electronics, and qualification engineers).
- Hardware abstraction layer configuration and debugging for TI and/or ST chips
- Extensive use of standard communication protocols including SMBus, I2C, CAN, Ethernet, Modbus.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Battery management systems, especially Lithium Ion cell management.
- Formal methods with focus on design documentation and verification.
- Software safety analysis.
- Coding standards such as MISRA.
- Agile development methodologies.
- Understanding of electronics.
Excellent written, verbal communication and organisation skills are a pre-requisite.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK and will be required to undertake a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.
up to £60,000 depending on experience plus relocation assistance up to £8,000