Electronics Laboratory Technician
Electronics Laboratory Technician
Nordic Semiconductor is the market leader in Bluetooth® Low Energy connectivity, with a growing portfolio of wireless devices, LTE-M and NB-IoT being the latest augmentation. Our System-on-Chip (SoC) products are used by world leading brands in a wide variety of applications, including wireless PC peripherals, gaming, sports and fitness, mobile phone accessories, consumer electronics, toys, healthcare and automation.
ABOUT THE JOB
Nordic Semiconductor's R&D department is expanding the prototype approval laboratory in Trondheim. This expansion includes the introduction of new and advanced test equipment and associated support infrastructure. We are looking to recruit a talented and committed Electronics Laboratory Technician with experience in electronics laboratory management to join our team.
The successful candidate will oversee a state-of-the-art laboratory with a diverse equipment portfolio and handle all aspects of day-to-day operation, including:
- assisting the HW Characterization team in preparation of test setups
- organizing test board- and equipment inventory
- soldering and modification of test PCBs when required
- procurement and maintenance of instruments and equipment
- interfacing with external service providers and equipment vendors
- ensuring the laboratory conforms to internal processes and relevant industry standards.
Robust automated tests are developed by the HW Verification Team, providing the engineering evidence required to confirm adherence to critical performance metrics and design margins. The Electronics Laboratory Technician will be working with this multi-disciplinary team of highly-skilled specialists, contributing to the development of the next generation of Nordic Semiconductor devices. This position offers an exciting opportunity to support the execution of test and verification activities, through the management and operation of the expanded prototype approval laboratory.
ESSENTIAL EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- BSc in Electrical Engineering or similar with at least 3 years´ relevant work experience with electronics laboratory management
- Good knowledge of electronics measurement instrumentation and equipment
- Good programming skills
- Basic knowledge of databases (SQL)
- Proficient in soldering fine geometry surface mount components
- Good knowledge of relevant industry standards for laboratory operations
- Fluent English language (written and oral)
- A self-motivated desire to improve systems/work methodology to increase efficiency and improve the quality of services
- A good general knowledge of industrial instrumentation and equipment
- A desire to keep up-to-date with the latest trends in technology
- Competitive salary with bonus plan
- Insurance and pension plan
- 5 weeks´ annual paid vacation (following one year´s service)
- Flexible working hours
- Family friendly policies
- Employees’ sports and social club, multiple social activities throughout the year
- Relocation costs covered - for international moves to Norway, relocation assistance from our partner company Onboard Norway (www.onboardnorway.com)
ABOUT NORDIC SEMICONDUCTOR
Nordic Semiconductor specializes in ultra-low power wireless communication supporting Bluetooth low energy, Bluetooth Mesh, ANT+, 2.4GHz, IEEE 802.15.4, Thread, Zigbee and LTE-M/NB-IoT. The company’s award-winning and highly flexible SoCs are employed by some of the world’s leading brands in a variety of IoT applications like beacons, smart home, wearables, as well as wireless keyboard and mouse, game controllers, sports equipment, toys and medical equipment.
Nordic’s development tools provide developers with an ideal starting point and ready-built design framework to accelerate development of IoT products. Its software architecture features a unique and powerful separation between protocol stack and user application code providing application developers maximum flexibility, ease-of-development, and code safety. High quality documentation and firmware are available to download on www.nordicsemi.com
Ask questions, share info and be inspired on https://devzone.nordicsemi.com/questions/
Working for Nordic Semiconductor, you will be challenged and supported. Our teams enjoy a professional, informal working environment and we value and encourage continuous development of skills and expertise to the very highest levels, through in-house opportunities and external training. A close-knit, highly-skilled, international work-force, we are proud of our Norwegian heritage, world-leading innovation and professional excellence.
LOCATION: TRONDHEIM – NORWAY
Nordic Semiconductor´s R&D Headquarters are in the city of Trondheim, situated on the Trondheim Fjord in Mid-Norway. Once the capital of Norway, Trondheim was founded in 997 A.D. and has long history and an exciting future. This vibrant city is expanding fast, with a current population of around 200,000. It has embraced the technology sector and is home to start-ups, SMEs, large businesses (including a number of Semiconductor companies), as well as established large-scale organizations such as SINTEF (the largest independent research institute in Scandinavia), the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), the University Hospital for Mid-Norway. This compact city is easy and safe to navigate on foot or by bike, and boasts a superb public transport system. Trondheim is surrounded by sea and mountains, allowing the inhabitants easy access from city-life to nature – the perfect environment for contemplation and cutting-edge innovation.
For more information contact Frank Karlsen: Mobile: +47 46 62 24 90 or Email: email@example.com
All applications will be treated confidentially.
Competitive salary with bonus plan