Electronics Design Engineer - Power Electronics
Electronics Design Engineer – Power Electronics Design Engineer required to join busy team in the design, development and testing of hardware / software solutions for auxiliary power and battery charging power electronics projects.
- The development, analysis, and validation of design solutions to meet the project requirements using prototyping, simulation and validation by test techniques.
- Generation of functional, component, manufacturing, test and validation specifications and documentation.
- Designing for reliability and cost.
- Supporting on schematic capture and PCB development.
- Test rig design, planning, test set-up and operation of tests, including tests conducted off site and production of accurate qualification test reports.
- Support with the installation and commissioning of equipment at the customers premises.
- Participate in Design Failure Modes and Effects (DFMEA) and Hazard analysis
Skills and experience required
- Experience of design and test of Power Electronic Converters (AC:DC, DC:DC, DC:AC) and/or Motor Drives.
- Simulation tools experience - Matlab/Simulink
- Knowledge of Power Electronics Design
- Analogue and Systems Engineering
- Digital Electronics
- Semiconductor switching devices and thermal management
- Specification of electromagnetic assemblies
- Knowledge of EMC and mitigation through design
- Awareness of Embedded Systems and Control Engineering
Other Desirable experience
- Experience of rail power products
- Knowledge of microprocessor control
- Electronics packaging and thermal design
Salary / Remuneration
- Salary in the range £42,000 to £50,000 dependent on experience
- 25 days holiday plus public holidays
- Company pension scheme and a range of flexible benefits
If this sounds like the role for you, please apply today!
This Design Engineer / Power Electronics Design Engineer vacancy is being handled by Langham Recruitment Ltd. Langham Recruitment Ltd acts as an employment agency and is registered in England and Wales (reg 11525223).
£42000 - £50000 per annum, Benefits: Pension and Benefits
51-59 Rose Lane