Our client Denchi Power is the UK’s leading supplier of high reliability battery systems and is looking to strengthen the engineering team through the appointment of an Electronics Design Engineer, primarily to support the SLICE Battery Storage project for the renewables market.
Denchi Power has been designing and manufacturing batteries from the head office in Thurso, Scotland for over 20 years and supplies blue chip companies in the defence, security, aerospace, and oil and gas industries as well as more recently the renewables sector. Denchi is poised to go through a period of sustained growth with exciting projects starting in the energy and defence markets.
Salary on offer for this position is up to £60,000 depending on experience plus relocation assistance of £8,000.
The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to all phases of the product lifecycle from initial concept through design, development and verification as well as obsolescence management and through-life support. The primary role is the development of electronic systems for the management, protection and charging of battery storage systems, ranging in size between kWh and MWh.
Essential skills and experience:
- Knowledge of product development for Battery Storage Systems.
- Strong analogue power electronic design skills.
- Demonstrable professional experience of the full lifecycle of electronic product development.
- Honours degree in a relevant subject (Masters preferred).
- Proven ability to work in a small multifunctional project team (including mechanical, software, and qualification engineers).
Desirable skills and experience:
- Switched mode power supply design.
- High-voltage, high-current and/or high-power systems
- Power transfer and protection architectures
- Power conversion and AC distribution systems
- Circuit simulation and analysis.
- Design for EMC (CE, MIL-STD 461, DEF-STAN 59-411 etc)
- Safety System Design and certification (IEC 61508, IEC 61551, ISO 26262).
- Power interrupts (Solid State, contactors, isolators, fusing etc)
- Design documentation.
- Related electronic design experience (serial comms and standard bus protocols, microcontroller system design etc).
- System Integration (Modbus, CAN, RS232, RS485, TCP/Ethernet)
Excellent written, verbal communication and organisation skills are a pre-requisite.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK and will be required to undertake a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.
up to £60,000 depending on experience plus relocation assistance up to £8,000