Test Development Engineer
1 day left
- Full Time
Our client Denchi Power is the UK’s leading supplier of high reliability battery systems and is looking to strengthen its engineering team through the appointment of a Test Development Engineer. Denchi Power has been designing and manufacturing batteries from its base in Thurso, Scotland for over 15 years and supplies blue chip customers in the defence, security, aerospace, oil and gas and renewables markets. Denchi is poised to go through a period of sustained growth with some key projects starting in the defence and energy markets and planning to triple turnover in the next 3-5 years.
This position offers a salary up to £45,000 depending on experience, plus relocation assistance up to £8,000.
The primary role is the design and implementation of test methodologies and automated test fixtures for functional verification of assembled PCB and complete battery systems. The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to improving automated test usage and effectiveness through design and prototype phases of the product development cycle and through-life support.
Essential skills and experience:
- Honours degree in a relevant subject (Masters preferred).
- Proven ability to work in a small multifunctional team (including mechanical, electronics, and software engineers).
- Design, build and commissioning of custom functional test equipment.
- Provide fault finding service to support production, down to PCB component level.
- Proven ability in software design of test equipment using tools such as LabVIEW, Test Stand or C# .
- Strong problem analysis and resolution.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Specialism in the hardware design of test equipment such as:
- High-voltage, high-current, and/or high-power systems
- High-speed serial and parallel communication interfaces
- Precision Analogue A/D and D/A convertors
- Small signal analogue measurement techniques
- Use of PLC’s and Micro-controllers.
- Experience of contribution to commercial analysis.
- Customer site and field based working.
- Business systems such as ISO9001 and other Quality Management tools/methods.
Excellent written, verbal communication and organisation skills are a pre-requisite.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK and will be required to undertake a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.
To apply please send your current CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Apply for Test Development Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly