Algorithm design, RF signal processing
ALGORITHM DESIGN, RF SIGNAL PROCESSING
Role Title and Location: Algorithm design, RF signal processing- Bristol
Job Ref No: P7549
MBDA: L4/L5 DOE
Reports to: Head of Data Link Systems
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Signal Processing Engineer to join a growing team within a world leading Defence Company. You will be working on the development and modelling of new algorithms for secure radio communication systems.
You will have the opportunity to work across a wide variety of projects, ranging from fundamental research into new algorithms and implementations through to product development for customer programmes.
- You will be working on development of novel solutions to challenging communications problems, making use of the latest technology.
- Contribute expertise across a number of projects
- Help shape future research and collaboration with academia and other industry partners
What’s in it for you?
- You will gain expertise in secure military communications technology, and in particular signal processing techniques
- Varied work across multiple projects to support your professional development
- Excellent training opportunities through formal and/or on the job training to deepen and widen your expertise
- You will have the opportunity to work in international programme teams with customers from across the globe
What’s great about the team?
- You will be joining a growing, dynamic team consisted of like-minded engineers that is focussed on the delivery of cutting edge data link system solutions for our customers
- You will work as part of a team that includes people with a mix of disciplines that support each other to achieve delivery of cutting-edge, world class solutions to complex problems
What are we looking for?
- Ideally degree qualified in an engineering or scientific subject
- A good understanding of RF theory and an appreciation of RF system design
- Programming experience in a high level language (ideally C/C++with experience of Xilinx HLS)
- Proficiency in Matlab and Simulink.
- Familiarity with DOORS and RTC
- You will you will be able to communicate complex concepts in a clear and concise manner to non-expert audiences
What would you get?
Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)