Graphcore has created a completely new processor, the Intelligence Processing Unit (IPU), specifically designed for artificial intelligence. The IPU’s unique architecture means developers can run current machine learning models orders of magnitude faster. More importantly, it lets AI researchers undertake entirely new types of work, not possible using current technologies, to drive the next great breakthroughs in general machine intelligence.
We believe our IPU technology will become the worldwide standard for artificial intelligence compute. The performance of Graphcore’s IPU is going to be transformative across all industries and sectors whether you are a medical researcher, roboticist or building autonomous cars.
Our team is at the forefront of the artificial intelligence revolution, enabling innovators from all industries and sectors to expand human potential with technology. What we do, really makes a difference.
As a Core Architect at Graphcore you will be contributing towards the architectural development, specification, modelling and evaluation of our ground breaking, massively parallel IPU compute core and on-chip communications fabric. You will be familiar with modern CPU and GPU architectures as well as software toolchain flows.
The Core Architect role involves close interaction with RTL, verification and software teams. You will be fluent in their languages and work efficiently with them to evaluate and debug existing hardware as well as facilitate the design and implementation of future IPUs, ensuring Graphcore remains at the leading edge of compute performance for machine learning.
- Specification and modelling (C++) of current and future revisions of the IPU architecture
- Working with the RTL and verfication teams to ensure correct and consistent design realisation
- Evalulation of current and future revisions of IPU silicon
- Contributing to the architectural development of the IPU compute core and exchange fabric
- Contributing to the ongoing development of the architecture group’s version control, build and release systems
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related subject
- Solid understanding of computer architecture
- Experience in software engineering
- Be highly motivated, a self starter, and a team player
- Ability to work across teams and programming languages
Some of / Desirables
- Software development in C++/Java/C/assembly/Python
- Performance benchmarking
- CPU verification processes
- Massively parallel computing systems
- Silicon bring-up
- Silicon characterisation
- Continuous Integration
We welcome people of different backgrounds and experiences and are committed to building an inclusive work environment that makes Graphcore a great home for everyone. We are an equal opportunity employer and want to build a work environment where everyone is happy, productive and respectful so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, just let us know.
Please note, we are only considering candidates who have an established right to work in the UK for roles based in Bristol, UK.