Digital ASIC Design Engineer
The space industry isn't just for astronauts. We are searching for a Digital ASIC Design Engineer to join a leading System on Chip company developing advanced satellite communications circuitry. It's a great chance to get to grips with complex ASIC Designs for the space industry - arguably the most exciting industry in the world.
Based in Manchester, you will enjoy working with a small, experienced ASIC design team responsible for taking a complicated piece of functionality and delivering functioning RTL. You'll need to be a flexible engineer, capable of working on all steps of the logic design process from microarchitecture, RTL coding, verification (in Verilog and SystemVerilog), synthesising the design, and liaising with the physical design team.
My client can be relatively flexible on level of experience for the right person, however essentials include:
- A BSc or MSc in Computer Engineer / Electronic Engineering or similar field
- At least three years' digital IC design experience in industry. That said, our client could also take on someone at principal level.
- Verilog / SystemVerilog experience
- Strong hands-on skills writing complex RTL code
- A good working knowledge implementing and verifying designs incorporating multiple clock domains
- A personable nature and great team work ethic
Experience / knowledge in the below would be a plus
- Knowledge of SoC bus protocols (AXI / AHB / APB etc)
- Experience developing prototyping systems using FPGAs
- A background within communications sector, OR experience working within space systems (radiation hardening) would be ideal, although not a prerequisite.
You can expect an exciting, challenging role within a fast-growing business, with a lot of room for future growth and career development, as well as a competitive rewards package.
Contact Rachel Mason at IC Resources today for more information or to apply.