Senior Power Supply Design Engineer
Based in Devon, the Senior Power Supply Design Engineer will be joining a successful team at one of the largest electronic components' manufacturers in the world. The Senior Power Supply Design Engineer will be responsible for the development of Low Power SMPS's to meet the requirements of the Marketing Specification.
Duties and Key responsibilities include:
- Development of overall products including Power Factor Correction and DC-DC converters.
- Plan project work to deliver required outputs with input from the Team Leader.
- Organise own work and work of engineers and technicians.
- Use all relevant instruments to make measurements to assess design performance.
- Analyse and simulate key parameters to verify performance of systems.
- Create models with SPICE, Excel, Maths tools for calculations using standard components.
- Generating reports on work carried out, implement change through the company documentation system
- Lead customer facing meetings when required e.g. off-site technical visits.
- Observe the requirements of EN60950 and EN60601 in development work.
- Provide technical input to analyse failures
The successful candidate will have knowledge of:
- Flyback, Forward, half-bridge converters and standard resonant converters.
- Knowledge of higher order resonant converters
- Ability to analyse and design associated control loops and analyse complex magnetic circuits
- Understanding of winding loss mechanisms and design custom cores where appropriate
If you feel you are suitable for this role then please apply.