Software Project Manager
IC Resources are working with a defence client in Banbury who are looking to implement a navigation and simulation system for a large government client. To run this project, they are after a project manager from a software engineer/ development background. Ideally they would be after a Software Team lead who has had exposure to working with external clients or some project management experience, or a former software engineer who has recently moved into being a project manager. The client are offering an 18 month contract and are willing to consider varying rates although are ideally looking to offer around £350/£400 per day.
Essentially, the successful Software Engineer/ Project Manager will need to Project Manage 3-4 developers, 1-2 other contractors and the main client. The requirements for this role are:
- A background in software development/ engineering
- Exposure to working with external clients
- Either a few years Project Management experience or an experienced Team lead who has had some exposure to PM.
- Prior experience in the defence industry is preferably but a strong developer with the right skills to Project Manage would mitigate this
- Current SC clearance is desirable but not necessary
- UI development experience using C++/ Qt or developing GUI's. Military CGS would be ideal
If you have the necessary skills, please apply with an attached CV and call Peter Greenlaw on 0118 907 7883.