My client, a successful business who design and develop award winning products, is looking for a Test Engineer to join their team based in Surrey.
The responsibilities of the role include:
- Carrying out mechanical, environmental and RF testing of products and systems.
- Executing test plans and issue test reports.
- Organising and undertaking the manufacture of test samples using hand and machine tools.
- Using 3D printers and CNC routers to prototype plastic and metal parts.
- Generating Engineering CAD drawings for prototype parts and test fixtures,
- Setting up environmental test equipment in accordance with the environmental test plans.
- Becoming an expert in product performance, with deep knowledge of both in-house
and internationally recognised test standards. These standards are used to assess and
support our performance claims, product safety and component & product development.
- Working with other members of the test team to prioritise and plan performance test
- Maintaining Test laboratory equipment and Inventory of test samples and parts.
- Sourcing, installing and maintaining prototype test equipment.
Required skills and experience:
- HND or Equivalent qualification in Engineering subject.
- Proficient in the use of rapid prototype equipment - 3D printers etc.
- Experience in operating electronic and mechanical test and measurement equipment. Experience in basic drafting and publishing mechanical drawing using CAD packages. Experience in building test fixtures.
- Experience in product environmental testing and industry testing standards for harsh environments, covering temperature resistance, shock and vibration resistance, adhesion bond strength.
- Experience in driving CNC machines an advantage. Clear, logical thought and attention to detail.
- Good organisational skills: able to plan ahead & prioritise tasks.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- History of thinking out of the box to develop bespoke test and measurement fixtures.
If you fulfill the above criteria and would like further details please contact Sasha Booth at IC Resources.