Senior Power Supply Design Engineer
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Senior Power Supply Design Engineer, who will be joining a successful team responsible for the development of Power SMPSU's for harsh environments.
This role will be an interesting and varied one where everyday will be different. The Senior Power Supply Design Engineer will be responsible for the design of DC-DC and AC-DC converters as well as DC-AC inverters for industries including automotive and aerospace. You will need expertise in a variety of topologies especially resonant topologies.
Other Responsibilities will also include:
- The development of overall products including Power Factor Correction and, rectification to meet the marketing specification.
- Planning the project work to deliver required outputs as well as organising your own work and work of engineers and technicians assigned.
- Use all relevant instruments to make measurements to assess design performance. To analyse and simulate the key parameters to verify performance of systems and to create models with SPICE, Excel, Maths tools for calculations using standard components.
- Generate reports on the work carried out Lead customer facing meetings when required; this can include off-site Provide technical input to analyse failures.
The successful candidate will have a degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering and knowledge of:
- Flyback, Forward, half-bridge converters and standard resonant converters.
- Knowledge of higher order resonant converters.
- Ability to analyse and design associated control loops and analyse complex magnetic circuits.
- Understanding of winding loss mechanisms and design custom cores where appropriate.
If this role is of interest to you and you would like any additional information, please do not hesitate to get in contact.