£20,000 - £40,000 depending on experience - recent grads welcome to apply
My client, a specialist in special purpose machinery, is looking for a Design Engineer to join their team based in Wiltshire. They are a family run business who pride themselves in not only producing reliable and innovative machinery, but also providing an enjoyable working environment and happy staff. Although the business has now grown to around 120 staff, they have kept the values they started with and have built up a lovely company in the heart of the countryside.
The primary responsibilities of the Design Engineer will be:
* To prepare detailed drawings in 3D for In-house manufacture
* Relationships with the Engineering team, contractors, drawing office colleagues, management and personnel, suppliers, end users and sales engineers.
There are 3 main job functions within this role; Design, Project Engineering and BOM's.
* Designing products and components based on in house engineering briefs.
* Reference to appropriate standards.
* Manufacturing processes such as CNC machining, milling, lathing, punch press and laser.
* Preparation of 3D with flat form drawings suitable for manufacture.
* Filing "in vault" drawing management system.
* Preparation of BOM to accompany each drawing generated.
* Generating cost report on punching, pressing, laser, using Radan E2i system to accompany each drawing generated.
* Taking responsibility for specific design and production projects.
* Participation in technical reviews.
* Specifying and sourcing bought in components.
This position offers the opportunity to be a part of a team of 8 design engineers working on a wide range of components, sub-assemblies and complete machines. Design engineers are encouraged to pay regular visits to the factory floor in order to interact with production operatives as designed items are being worked on.
If you fulfill the above criteria and would like further details please contact Sasha Booth at IC Resources.
Apply for Design Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly