My client, a successful and ambitious business within the Oil & Gas sector, are looking for a Design Engineer to join the team based in Aberdeenshire.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Preparation and review of bill of materials (BOM), manufacturing, assembly and commercial drawings.
- Performing structural, extreme and fatigue analysis (analytical and FEM).
- Preparation and review of bill of materials and build sheets in accordance with client requirements.
- Troubleshooting of problem connectors during manufacturing, assembly and testing activities.
- Preparation of design calculations in accordance with international standards.
- Preparation and review of design reports and technical procedures.
- Provide technical support to other departments.
- Liaising with other departments effectively to provide required information and ensuring information is passed on in an accurate manner.
- Preparation of test procedures as detailed in client specifications and international standards.
Required skills and experience:
- BSc degree in Mechanical Engineering, Structural Engineering or similar (MSc preferred but not essential)
- Experience in manufacturing and engineering environments.
- Ability to create complex manufacturing, assembly and commercial drawings using CAD software
- (preferably Solidworks) and generate accurate and concise technical documentation.
- At least 5 years of experience with design engineering of similar products.
- High level of computer literacy with Microsoft Office programs (word, excel, etc). Understanding of piping design (API.5L and ASME B31.3).
- Experience with structural, extreme and fatigue analysis (analytical and FEM), bolting connection systems and materials selection.
- Knowledge of fracture mechanics. High degree of personal planning. Accountable and focus on delivering on time.
- Fluent in English (writing, reading, speaking and listening).
If you fulfill the above criteria and would like further details please contact Sasha Booth at IC Resources.