My client, a successful and ambitious business within the Oil & Gas sector, are looking for a Design Engineer to join the team based in Aberdeenshire.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Preparation and review of bill of materials (BOM), manufacturing, assembly and commercial drawings.
- Performing structural, extreme and fatigue analysis (analytical and FEM).
- Preparation and review of bill of materials and build sheets in accordance with client requirements.
- Troubleshooting of problem connectors during manufacturing, assembly and testing activities.
- Preparation of design calculations in accordance with international standards.
- Preparation and review of design reports and technical procedures.
- Provide technical support to other departments.
- Liaising with other departments effectively to provide required information and ensuring information is passed on in an accurate manner.
- Preparation of test procedures as detailed in client specifications and international standards.
Required skills and experience:
- BSc degree in Mechanical Engineering, Structural Engineering or similar (MSc preferred but not essential)
- Experience in manufacturing and engineering environments.
- Ability to create complex manufacturing, assembly and commercial drawings using CAD software
- (preferably Solidworks) and generate accurate and concise technical documentation.
- At least 5 years of experience with design engineering of similar products.
- High level of computer literacy with Microsoft Office programs (word, excel, etc). Understanding of piping design (API.5L and ASME B31.3).
- Experience with structural, extreme and fatigue analysis (analytical and FEM), bolting connection systems and materials selection.
- Knowledge of fracture mechanics. High degree of personal planning. Accountable and focus on delivering on time.
- Fluent in English (writing, reading, speaking and listening).
If you fulfill the above criteria and would like further details please contact Sasha Booth at IC Resources.
Apply for Design Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly