For this role, we are looking for a Mechanical Engineer with 5+ years' experience in a commercial environment. The successful Mechanical Engineer will be working alongside a team of highly skilled multi-disciplinary engineers designing primarily enclosures for electronic devices including touchscreen displays with a market vision as well as a good sense of design.
We're seeking highly motivated and self-starting problem solvers who have a natural desire to innovate and get the job done, whatever it takes.
As Mechanical Engineer the key skills and qualities required are:
- Ability to combine mechanical design experience with physical and electronic insight to understand the impact of mechanics as part of an integrated system
- Experience in electronics enclosures design, including cable routing
- Strong understanding of mechanical engineering principles, materials, mechanics and heat transfer
- Hands on experience of 3D CAD tools, preferably SolidWorks
- Experience working with small teams and/or start-ups
- Excellent spoken and written English, with clear communication skills
As Mechanical Engineer beneficial skills (not essential) involve:
- Experience working in FMCG and portable devices enclosures
- Experience routing FPCs
- 3D printing and fast prototyping, namely SLAs
- Experience liaising with customers and manufacturing parties
- Interfacing with Altium
- Experience with finite element simulation tools
The candidate must be prepared to get hands-on and work in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment with a passionate team of engineers. The candidate should possess a strong motivation for start-up culture.
If you fulfil the above criteria and would like further details please contact Sasha Booth at IC Resources.
Apply for Mechanical Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly