Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Working in a small engineering team the Senior Mechanical Design Engineer will be the sole Mechanical Engineer within this team. You will be expected to project lead product development from concept to manufacture. This role will involve working closely with development teams in UK and abroad, as well as meeting with customers and clients to capture product requirements.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to have a very pivotal and influential role within a small but yet very successful engineering organisation.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree or Equivalent in a related engineering subject area.
- Working experience with 3D CAD (ideally Solidworks).
- Experience in rapid prototyping techniques, driving 3D printers, etc.
- History of thinking out of the box to develop innovative RFID products and mechanical solutions to meet harsh environmental conditions, customer defined tamper proof, tamper evident requirements.
- Experience in product environmental testing and industry testing standards for harsh environments, covering temperature resistance, shock and vibration resistance, adhesion bond strength.
- Experience in leading projects from initial requirements capture to production sign off.
- Experience in DFM (Design For Manufacture) with plastics (Injection Moulding).
- Also ideally experienced in DFM with a range of metals for product encasements.
If you fulfill the above criteria and would like further details please contact Sasha Booth at IC Resources.