MOCVD Growth Engineering Leader
Our client is currently searching for a MOCVD Growth specialist to join a team developing LED epilayer structure. They will be managing a small team of MOCVD Process Engineers and developing training materials to ensure trainees reach their full potential quickly and effectively.
Main Responsibilities include:
* Leading the MOCVD growth team to develop the LED on 6" Silicon growth
process in order to improve crystal quality and LED performance
* Day to day operation of the MOCVD tool including writing recipes, monitoring SPC data and control of the process.
* Working in conjunction with the relevant engineering teams such as Process Engineering and Equipment Tool owners, Characterization and Test, and Shift Engineering to achieve successful outcomes.
* Improvement of wafer uniformity and LED yield to increase the cost effectiveness of the process, including working along side the equipment manufacture to implement hardware modifications.
Skills/ Qualifications/ Experience
* At least five years LED Epitaxy process development experience in a commercial environment
* A good understanding of the engineering challenges relating to III/V epitaxial growth for the manufacture and development of HBLEDs
* A good understanding of MOCVD theory and safety considerations
* Experience within MOCVD reactor design, new hardware qualification and development is essential
* Prior experience of growth on 6 inch GaN on Silicon would be highly desirable
* Good technical knowledge of the emerging solid state lighting market, supply chain and relevant international standards
* Experience of leading project teams across multiple locations
* Bachelors (required) or higher degree (preferred) in Electrical Engineering, Optical engineering, Physics, Materials Science or a related subject