Principal Analog IC Designer
Principal Analog IC Designer
Nordic Semiconductor is the market leader in Bluetooth® Low Energy connectivity, with a growing portfolio of wireless devices, LTE-M and NB-IoT being the latest augmentation. Our SoC products are used by world leading brands in a wide variety of applications, including wireless PC peripherals, gaming, sports and fitness, mobile phone accessories, consumer electronics, toys, healthcare and automation.
We are an IC design house designing chips from first principles to final silicon product. We have exceptional design expertise and a highly-skilled workforce´. We welcome talented, experienced engineers from across the globe and offer cutting-edge R&D facilities, a company and products with global reach and impact, and a stimulating environment in which excellence is fostered and prized.
ABOUT THE JOB
Nordic Semiconductor´s R&D capacity is expanding. We are looking to recruit an experienced Principal Analog IC Designer with a very strong technical background and excellent communication skills to help develop and grow our portfolio.
The Wireless Group at Nordic Semiconductor is an international team of highly educated, exceptional individuals from diverse electronics, mathematics and physics design and development backgrounds. We work to grow Nordic´s portfolio and impact, developing all the analog and RF circuits for our proprietary BLE SoCs. We are a dynamic and vibrant team, focused on innovation to maintain and strengthen Nordic´s position as the number one BLE SoC provider in the world.
This position offers an exciting opportunity to influence the design and quality of our products, and the direction of the Wireless Group at Nordic. You will directly contribute to the success of the company, helping to create ultra-low power wireless technologies which will benefit the lives of billions worldwide.
A highly motivated individual, you enjoy working both independently and as a technical lead within a team. You embrace new challenges, and enjoy working across a broad range of areas. Your strong technical background and your creativity and passion for designing innovative Analog and/or RF circuits will motive you and others. You will be central in the definition, development and qualification of Analog and/or RF circuits used in our SoCs.
The job involves a range of activities which may vary over time. On a regular basis, your areas of responsibility include:
- Analog and/or Radio system analysis, specification and design
- Assisting the team lead in producing excellent analog and/or RF sub-systems for our SoCs
- Module and sub-system design of radio and/or analog modules
- Transistor level circuit design in CMOS
- Specification of test strategy, and test case descriptions for IPs
- Communicating effectively with colleagues and other stakeholders, including the Digital Support Group and end-customers (to provide key account support), either via Skype or face-to-face
ESSENTIAL EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Masters or PhD in a relevant science or engineering discipline
- Preferably 15 years of directly relevant industrial experience in integrated circuit design for RF and/or analog circuits
- Experience as the technical lead in the development of one of the following sub-systems: Radio frontend / PLL / ADC / DAC / BUCK / BOOST / XOSC / RCOSC or equivalent complexity
- A deep understanding of CMOS transistors and analog circuits
- A solid theoretical background and experience in designing RF and/or analog circuits at the transistor level in CMOS technology
- Demonstrable technical creativity and passion for developing innovative analog and/or RF circuits
- Ability to be flexible and dynamic in order to contribute to determining the direction and scope of the evolving Wireless Group
- interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluent English language skills (written and oral)
DESIRABLE EDUCATION EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Programming skills in Python, C, C++, Perl or similar
- Publications in Solid-State Circuit conferences, or Journal of Solid-State Circuits
- Competitive salary with bonus plan
- Insurance and pension plan
- 5 weeks´ annual paid vacation (following one year´s service)
- Flexible working hours
- Family friendly policies
- Employees’ sports and social club, multiple social activities throughout the year
- Relocation costs covered - for international moves to Norway, relocation assistance from our partner company expat Mid-Norway (www.expatmidnorway.com)
ABOUT NORDIC SEMICONDUCTOR
Nordic Semiconductor specializes in ultra-low power wireless communication supporting Bluetooth low energy, Bluetooth Mesh, ANT+, 2.4GHz, IEEE 802.15.4, Thread, Zigbee and LTE-M/NB-IoT. The company’s award-winning and highly flexible SoCs are employed by some of the world’s leading brands in a variety of IoT applications like beacons, smart homes, wearables, as well as wireless keyboards and mice, game controllers, sports equipment, toys and medical equipment.
Nordic’s development tools provide developers with an ideal starting point and ready-built design framework to accelerate development of IoT products. Its software architecture features a unique and powerful separation between protocol stack and user application code providing application developers maximum flexibility, ease-of-development, and code safety. High quality documentation and firmware are available to download on www.nordicsemi.com.
Ask questions, share info and be inspired on https://devzone.nordicsemi.com/questions/
Working for Nordic Semiconductor, you will be challenged and supported. Our teams enjoy a professional, informal working environment and we value and encourage continuous development of skills and expertise to the very highest levels, through in-house opportunities and external training. A close-knit, highly-skilled, international work-force, we are proud of our Norwegian heritage, world-leading innovation and professional excellence.
LOCATION: Trondheim, Norway (preferred)
Nordic Semiconductor´s R&D Headquarters are in the city of Trondheim, situated on the Trondheim Fjord in Mid-Norway. Once the capital of Norway, it was founded in 997 A.D. and has long history and an exciting future. This vibrant city is expanding fast, with a current population of around 200,000. It has embraced the technology sector and is home to start-ups, SMEs, large businesses (including a number of Semiconductor companies), as well as established, large-scale organisations such as SINTEF (the largest independent research institute in Scandinavia), the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), the University Hospital for Mid-Norway. The city has an excellent public transport network and is well-connected internationally, Trondheim Airport being only 40 minutes from the city centre. Trondheim is surrounded by sea and mountains, allowing the inhabitants easy access from city-life to nature – the perfect environment for contemplation and cutting-edge innovation.
LOCATION: Oslo, Norway
Oslo is one of the fastest-growing cities in Europe, with a current population of over 650,000. As Norway´s Capital, it is a hub of Norwegian commerce, industry, banking, and is home to a broad range of industries including the tech sector. A vibrant city, Oslo is also a cultural hub, home to national institutions including the Ballet and Theatre, as well as a diverse array of music, museums and restaurants. In addition, its proximity to mountains and the Oslo Fjord make the magnificence of Norwegian nature readily accessible. Oslo has been named European Green Capital 2019 for its approach to conserving its natural areas and restoring its network of waterways. The compact city centre is easy and safe to navigate on foot or by bike, and boasts a superb public transport system.
For more information, contact Carsten Wulff: Mobile: +47 72 89 89 95 or E-mail: Carsten.email@example.com
All applications will be treated confidentially