Senior SW Test Developer
Senior SW Test Developer
Nordic Semiconductor is the market leader in Bluetooth® Low Energy connectivity, with a growing portfolio of wireless devices, LTE-M and NB-IoT being the latest augmentation. Our SoC products are used by world leading brands in a wide variety of applications, including wireless PC peripherals, gaming, sports and fitness, mobile phone accessories, consumer electronics, toys, healthcare and automation.
About the job:
Nordic Semiconductor´s R&D capacity is expanding. We are looking to recruit talented, experienced embedded SW Test Developers to join our world-leading team to help develop and grow our portfolio.
Working with embedded SW in agile development projects, you will be responsible for developing automated test cases and maintaining build & test automation frameworks, according to the principles of Continuous Integration. You will initially focus on test implementation of FW stack protocol and applications on various domains including Bluetooth, LTE SDK, and Application level SW. There will also be opportunities to join the Common Test Framework Group for particular projects according to your expertise. Nordic Semiconductor has R&D sites in various locations within and outside Norway. We are looking to recruit SW Test Developers in Trondheim. When working with cross-site projects, you will be expected to travel regularly, in addition to communicating (usually via Skype) with our SW Test Developers in Poland and Finland.
The job involves a range of activities which may vary over time. On a regular basis, your responsibilities include:
- Analysing new software/hardware features and non-functional requirements in order to design and implement automated test cases using embedded C on target and Python on PC, following the Nordic defined SW Verification process.
- Contributing (for defined periods) to the work of the CTF Group in order to develop and maintain reusable test components to be used across the whole organization and integrate it with the build and test system for a specific project. This involves liaising with corresponding teams in Poland and Finland.
- Following-up on bugs and providing test evidence for further analysis by team members or other projects in Nordic, to ensure end-to-end compatibility.
- Maintaining a fully automated build-and-test system to detect failures and errors as early as possible.
- Programming in embedded C for the target side for test case development and in Python on the PC side for test control and automation.
Essential education, experience and skills:
- Master of Science in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or similar engineering programme with preferably at least 5 years´ relevant work experience, or
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or similar engineering programme with preferably at least 7 years´ relevant work experience.
- Proven experience or education with embedded FW development and mirco-controllers.
- Proficiency in embedded C programming and Python.
- Proficiency in test infrastructure development and automation using Continuous Integration.
- Experience with isolation of bugs (usage of debuggers) and tracking them to closure.
- Experience with Agile Software Development and source control systems (git or similar).
- Excellent communication skills. Fluent English language (written and oral).
Desirable experience and qualifications:
- Experience with test development for wireless protocol stacks, services and applications on RTOS
- Experience with OSI model and general communication protocols, IP protocols
- Experience with security platforms and Cryptography
- Experience with conformance testing (Acceptance testing and Qualification of BLE protocol, Telecom Carriers etc)
- Experience with development in Linux platform
- ISTQB or similar certification
- Competitive salary with bonus plan
- Insurance and pension plan
- 5 weeks´ annual paid vacation (following one year´s service)
- Flexible working hours
- Family friendly policies
- Employees’ sports and social club, multiple social activities throughout the year
- Relocation costs covered
- For international moves to Norway, relocation assistance from our partner company expat Mid-Norway (https://www.onboardnorway.com)
About Nordic Semiconductor:
Nordic Semiconductor specializes in ultra-low power wireless communication supporting Bluetooth® low energy, Bluetooth Mesh, ANT+, 2.4GHz, IEEE 802.15.4, Thread, Zigbee and LTE-M/NB-IoT. The company’s award-winning and highly flexible SoCs are employed by some of the world’s leading brands in a variety of IoT applications like beacons, smart home, wearables, as well as wireless keyboard and mouse, game controllers, sports equipment, toys and medical equipment. Nordic’s development tools provide developers with an ideal starting point and ready-built design framework to accelerate development of IoT products. Its software architecture features a unique and powerful separation between protocol stack and user application code providing application developers maximum flexibility, ease-of-development, and code safety. High quality documentation and firmware are available to download on www.nordicsemi.com. Ask questions, share info and be inspired on https://devzone.nordicsemi.com/questions/.
Working for Nordic Semiconductor, you will be challenged and supported. Our teams enjoy a professional, informal working environment and we value and encourage continuous development of skills and expertise to the very highest levels, through in-house opportunities and external training. A close-knit, highly-skilled, international work-force, we are proud of our Norwegian heritage, world-leading innovation and professional excellence.
Nordic Semiconductor Headquarters: Trondheim, Norway
Nordic Semiconductor´s R&D Headquarters are in the city of Trondheim, situated on the Trondheim Fjord in Mid-Norway. This vibrant city is expanding fast, with a current population of around 200,000. It has embraced the technology sector and is home to start-ups, SMEs, large businesses (including a number of Semiconductor companies), as well as established large-scale organisations such as SINTEF (the largest independent research institute in Scandinavia), the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), the University Hospital for Mid-Norway. Trondheim offers a rich cultural life, and is surrounded by sea and mountains, allowing the inhabitants easy access from city-life to nature.
For more information, contact Svein Aga: Mobile: +47 90 14 14 39 or E-mail: email@example.com
All applications will be treated confidentially.
Apply for Senior SW Test Developer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly