Chassis Integration Mechanical Engineer
7 days left
- Full Time
My client, a pioneer in the Electric Vehicle technology industry, is looking for a Chassis Integration Mechanical Engineer to join their Surrey based team. In this role you will be given the opportunity to become an expert in your field and work within a team of innovative and motivated Engineers. If you are looking for a fast-paced and collaborative environment to progress your career this could be the opportunity for you!
In this role you will support vehicle integration including suspension, braking, bearings, wheels/tyres. The role will primarily be based in Surrey but there may be international travel involved.
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
· Take ownership of existing product CAD data and system characteristics and develop it to support customer vehicles or systems.
· Develop vehicle integration solutions including wheel, brake, suspension, bearing and other components to meet customer expectations.
· Support on-site mechanical integration activities and problem resolution.
· Manage the relationships with customers and suppliers to propose professional solutions to overcome issues during product integration to the target vehicles.
· Author high quality drawings and documents to support customer engineering activities (to BS 8888).
· Provide Guidance and supporting analysis to mature designs with series production intent.
· Produce creative and innovative designs.
· Development and analysis of engineering solutions.
· Produce and manipulate complex CAD models.
Required skills and experience:
· Technical understanding of vehicle suspension and braking components.
· Experience of 3D CAD (e.g. Solidworks, Catia etc)
· Degree (BEng) in relevant engineering field.
· Understanding of automotive mechanical design processes, specifically suspension and chassis components.
· Knowledge of codes of conduct and ethical working.
· Ability to communicate verbally and through technical documentation in English.
· Ability to work in an international environment.
· Ability to self-motivate and work with minimal oversight.
· Good computer skills (Microsoft Office, Solidworks).
· Excellent personal and task organisation.
Desirable skills and experience:
· Masters degree in relevant engineering field.
· Chartered status with a recognised engineering body.
· OEM/Tier 1 experience with vehicle systems/assemblies.
· Experience working with high power electric and hybrid powertrains.
· Experience of automotive traction batteries and motors.
· Experience of working with foundation brakes and NVH optimisation.
Apply for Chassis Integration Mechanical Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly