London Underground is one of the world’s most famous metro systems and is responsible for more than 3.5 million passenger journeys a day. It has 11 lines covering 402km and serving 270 stations. During peak hours, more than 500 trains are in operation.
We are currently seeking a Process Engineer (Electrical/Electronic) to produce work instructions, estimates, bills of materials, project planning programs, perform failure investigations and identify performance/reliability improvements in order to meet contract requirements, particularly in respect to delivery, quality, safety and engineering standards.
In addition, you will resolve all day-to-day technical issues and facilitate liaison between all parts of Workshops and central engineering.
- Resolve all technical queries in respect to production, project delivery and BOM requirements. This will involve speaking to suppliers, central engineering and asset areas. They will provide clarification for the shop floor on any repairs that may fall outside the normal scope of the overhaul specification, including clarity on tooling, measurement and plant requirements.
- Produce Work instructions to enable operational and technical staff to carry out their duties in a cost effective manner, identifying efficient processes using Lean and other manufacturing methods, tooling and plant. Ensuring that all processes comply with all statutory requirements and safety procedures.
- Produce bills of material and update the SAP master data. This involves detailing what materials need to be used to a component level and input into the SAP manufacturing solution to enable materials control and procurement to but the correct materials in the correct volumes.
- Undertake time studies on workshop processes in order to validate man-hour estimates. This will involve timing every activity and inputting the estimated time into SAP. This allows the planning time to develop capacity plans and provides information for production managers to manage productivity levels.
- Work with the document controller to ensure that all assurance documentation is updated and recorded in the quality management system. To ensure that all documents reflect the up to date specifications and safety requirements.
- Support commercial with Tender documentation providing engineering advice and costs when require to support new works. This entails examining new specifications to estimate the labour and material requirements for every new job. This allows commercial to ascertain whether it is cost efficient to do a job in-house or go with an external supplier.
- Conduct failure investigations, reporting on and implementing recommendations.
- Identify and implement productivity and reliability improvements.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience (all essential unless stated otherwise)
- Have highly developed written and verbal communication skills coupled with excellent interpersonal/organisational skills.
- Be self-motivated, numerate, cost conscious and possess a high level of analytical skills.
Knowledge & Experience
- HNC (or higher) or equivalent in a relevant Electrical/Electronic Engineering discipline or equivalent experience.
- Experience of working with electrical/electronics for a harsh environment (e.g. railway, defence, aeronautical, marine) – ideally rail.
- Must have manufacturing production management experience.
- Have a proven track record in engineering and production process.
In return for your dedication and expertise, you will enjoy excellent benefits and scope to grow. Rewards vary according to the business area and role, but may include:
- Final salary pension scheme.
- Free travel for you on the TfL network.
- A 75% discount on National Rail Season Ticket and interest free loan.
- 29 days’ annual leave plus public and bank holidays.
- Private healthcare discounted scheme (optional).
- Tax-efficient childcare payments.
- Tax-efficient cycle-to-work programme.
- Retail, health, leisure and travel offers.
- Discounted Eurostar travel.
This vacancy is being re-advertised, if you applied before you should not apply again.
To apply please click on the apply button to visit our website.
Closing date: 14 December 2018 @ 23:59.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.