Field Application Engineer
My client, a pioneer in the connectors industry, is looking to expand their team and find an Field Application Engineer to be based in Nuremburg.
Responsibilities of the role include:
* Act as interface between customers, Sales and the headquarters in Japan (international business development, engineering, manufacturing and QA) to ensure that the project commitments are met.
* Use of CAD software program (PTC CoCreate Modeling 17.0), linear simulation (PTC), Microsoft Office and special laboratory equipment
* Choose and evaluate subcontractors, tools and laboratory equipment
* Develop strong relationships with the engineering staff at key customers.
* Assist marketing in tracking market trends and generating product roadmaps.
* Create weekly reports of work packages
* Monitoring of and reporting on projects and activities on a monthly basis
* Work with customers to obtain Voice of the Customer requirements in the definition phase of a project.
* Reports on customer visits, trade shows and conferences
* Establish and provide internal training
* Enter technical data into CRM system
* Support Business development manager and Inside Sales team as the technical expert for all assigned products.
* Provide technical support to Quality Assurance department on customer complaints by means of technical analyses.
* Support Marketing department by providing necessary market and customer information as well as during trade shows
* Preparation of technical concepts for customer presentations, using Power Point, 3D-CAD, simulation, timetables and cost calculations
* Provide internal project coordination for customer specific programs.
* Review customer specs and assists in developing specifications for new products.
* Support customers with knowledge of agency approval process and industry standards.
* Support customer projects with product recommendations during design-in phase.
* Intensive training program in Japan (2 - 4 weeks) after probation period.
* A minimum of a bachelor's of engineering degree in mechanical or electrical engineering, mechatronics or higher qualification
* Native English and very good German language skills
* 2D and 3D CAD operations experience, best in CoCreate Modelling
* Working knowledge of electrical, mechanical and environmental testing
* Experience in mechanical and electrical manufacturing processes (injection molding, punching, component placement, welding, automatic-optical inspection
* Professional level engineering experience
* design experience on connectors is a plus but not mandatory
* Strong problem solving capability on complex applications and technical issues
* Strong planning and organizational skills
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Strong presentation skills
* Willing to travel, international orientation
* Willing to learn
* Enjoys international environment and exchange with international colleagues and clients
* MS Office tools (Power Point, Word, Excel, Outlook)
What can we offer you?
A great international working environment, with high quality products and a dedicated strong company. Next to a good financial compensation and a comprehensive benefit package (company car, smart phone, incentive plans and professional training), we offer the opportunity to shape and fine-tune the activities and to make an impact on the success of the company.
If you fulfil the above criteria and would like further details please contact Sasha Booth at IC Resources.