VP Engineering MOCVD Development and Growth
Job Role: VP Engineering MOCVD Development and Growth
Salary: Circa £95K
Start Date: 2/11/18 Closing Date: 3/12/18
An exciting opportunity has arisen to lead the LED device development team at our design and manufacturing base in Plymouth, Devon. This is a key senior technical role and encompasses GaN growth and subsequent device processing development in the exciting and disruptive micro LED market.
Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer, this senior engineering position will involve the technical direction of a growing team of engineers responsible for the creation and realization of new micro LED components utilising Plessey's unique GaN on silicon epitaxial growth technology.
A critical part of the role is driving the development and definition of Plessey's GaN on silicon process technology, roadmaps and supporting technology requirements to ensure that Plessey's micro LED technology and products create and maintain a market leading position. The job holder will be responsible for technical direction and leadership of Plessey's LED process development and supporting technology activities.
A competitive salary is offered commensurate with skills and experience. Additional benefits include share options, Private health insurance, Group Personal Pension Plan, Life Insurance and 28 days holiday plus bank holidays.
* Develop, build and maintain Plessey's micro LED development and product strategy
* Build an efficient and effective development team to deliver key development milestones in line with the technology roadmap
* Work closely with all engineering groups and senior personnel to define process requirements, architectures, flows, roadmaps and strategies for mini/micro LEDs
* Understand and predict market needs, customer needs and product trends in the growing mini/micro LED arena
* Work with sales and marketing to develop strategic product marketing plans
* Develop strong strategic customer contacts and work with them to align Plessey's product roadmap and future products to their needs
* Understand competitor landscape
* Constantly seek out and implement opportunities for innovation and improvement in the products
Skills/ Qualifications Required
* Experienced technical project leader with proven MOCVD and Gan-on-Silicon experience.
* At least ten years LED processing / development experience at a senior level in a commercial environment
* Exceptional product knowledge of SSL and the emerging mini / micro LED market and supply chain
* Experience of analogue and power technology would also be beneficial
* Experience in working in multi-disciplinary project teams across multiple locations
* Exponent of gated product development processes
* Bachelors (required) or higher degree (preferred) in Electrical Engineering, Optical engineering, Physics, Materials Science or a related subject
To apply for this position at Plessey Semiconductors Ltd, please send your CV and covering letter to Rachel.Anderson@ic-resources.com