Technician for tests of magnets and components
The successful candidate will participate in the operation of the installations and the magnet testing, both at room and at cryogenic temperatures. Under the supervision of skilled test engineers, in collaboration with other groups, and depending on the specific device and test required, the person will configure and exploit the measuring systems, participate in the data acquisition and data analysis. The job also entails maintenance of existing test infrastructure, as well as development, manufacturing, and commissioning of new instrumentation for the test installations.
The duties of the selected candidate will be:
- To participate to cryogenic powering test of superconducting magnets, components and devices, such as bus bars, diodes, current trasfer labels. This work implies the preparation of the device to be tested, cabling and instrumentation schemes, setting-up of the instrumentation, electrical testing at room and at cryogenic temperature, and cold test operation through the different applications used in the control room (typically written in the NI-"LabVIEW and NI-"Diadem languages").
- To set up and adjust custom-developed electronics used for the device protection, verification of the interlock system and communication with support groups.
- To inspect, test, adjust and repair electric, electronic, mechanical, and pneumatic instruments and systems used to indicate, record, and control signals used for the operations the cryogenic test facility at CERN.
- Troubleshooting problems affecting electrical and powering tests, if necessary with expert support from other groups.
- Participation in the installation, testing, commissioning and maintenance of new test stands.
- Maintenance and calibration of instrumentation, and replacing and/or repairing defective parts.
- Documenting events, updating or creating operating procedures accordingly.
- Demonstrated experience in testing electrical systems. Testing of superconducting materials, devices, magnets or other components would be an asset.
- Proven experience in the exploitation of large industrial control systems or acquisition systems including associated electronics hardware and software technologies.
- Experience in LabVIEW and Diadem would be an asset.
- Initial experience in the application of safety analysis and measures in complex systems.