Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
I'm searching for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to work for a world leading company in Middlesex. The company has experience much growth and continues to do so. The Senior Mechanical Engineer will work on Electro-Mechanical products for aerospace and defence projects.
This is a demanding role for a senior mechanical engineer who will be responsible for the integrity of their design. He or she will be required to work with the lead electrical engineer to define a mechanical assembly to securely accommodate the electronic components within the specified environment. Using 3D CAD and FEA tools such as SDRC IDEAS, CF Design and NX design software you will be required to demonstrate the ability of the mechanical design to perform as specified under all conditions. This will include presenting your analysis to our customers as part of the planned project design reviews.
Candidates with experience in the following areas will be considered:
* Mechanical design for rugged military and commercial environments
* Material and process knowledge within a vacuum technology product platform and electronics integration packaging
* Design For Manufacture and Assembly competency
* Material properties
* Driving development to cost and time.
* Small precision components
* Degree level relevant qualification in Mechanical engineering or equivalent via apprenticeship scheme