A leading electronics company based in Cambridge who are looking for a Python Developer whose primary role will be developing software tools to control chips. Although this is a 3 month initial contract the role is to replace a contractor who had been working at the company for two years so my client are looking for someone who can establish themselves within the team. More than simply a Python Developer role you will be expected to have worked with test harnesses, and take ownership of the project by understanding the customer requirements and even liaising with them. The goal of the software team is to write beautiful, easy to use code that create great software tools to enable other teams to do their job. If this is you, then please read on;
- Expert Python coding skills
- Ability to test your own code, so experience with automated test systems
- Crucially, experience designing, developing and/or testing software tools such as command line tools.
- Knowledge of embedded/ firmware a plus but this is an applications role
- Knowledge of C compiler a plus
If you have the necessary requirements, please apply with an attached CV and call Peter Greenlaw on 0118 907 7883 for immediate consideration. If this role isn't for you, but you would like to be kept up to date with the latest vacancies, add me on LinkedIn where I post all my jobs first. https://www.linkedin.com/in/peter-greenlaw/