Chief Technical Officer (CTO) - Semiconductors
My client is a Government backed organisation designed to help the compound semiconductor industry grow in the UK. They operate on a non-profit model and have been granted £5M to identify and overcome technical challenges within this space, which should subsequently benefit UK based innovation and the wider economy. They're currently looking for a CTO who can oversee a team of 35 engineers and work closely with the CCO to deliver solutions surrounding power, RF and photonics applications.
The successful candidate will need:
- A technical degree in electronics, physics, chemistry or similar
- A thorough understanding of the semiconductor fabrication process
- A proven track record in the RF, power or photonics space
- The ability to work from a site in Newport
- An 'external facing' disposition
- The desire to find and conquer technical challenges
- A strategic mindset
- The ability to drive engineering performance
This position would be suitable for a VP of Engineering in a semiconductor environment, who wants to boost the success of domestic business and the UK's image as an innovator in nanotechnology. Apply now if you're a CTO, VP or Director of Engineering/ Manufacturing/ Product Marketing (Product Management)/ IC Design in the semiconductor industry, who wants to join an organisation offering the chance to positively affect the UK engineering sector.