Mixed Signal IC Designer
Mixed Signal IC Designer
Nordic Semiconductor is the market leader in Bluetooth® Low Energy connectivity, with a growing portfolio of wireless devices, LTE-M and NB-IoT being the latest augmentation. Our SoC products are used by world-leading brands in a wide variety of applications, including wireless PC peripherals, gaming, sports and fitness, mobile phone accessories, consumer electronics, toys, healthcare and automation.
ABOUT THE JOB
Nordic Semiconductor´s R&D capacity is expanding. We are looking to recruit a talented Mixed Signal IC Designer with the technical experience and communication skills to help develop and grow our portfolio.
The Wireless Group at Nordic Semiconductor is an international team of highly educated, exceptional individuals from diverse electronics, mathematics and physics design and development backgrounds. We work to grow Nordic´s portfolio and impact, developing all the analog and RF circuits for our proprietary BLE SoCs. We are a dynamic and vibrant team, focused on innovation to maintain and strengthen Nordic´s position as the number one BLE SoC provider in the world.
For this position, as a digital IC designer, you will also need a basic understanding of analog IC design. While process technologies are being scaled down, and more digital processing is possible with less power, parts of analog signal processing are being moved into digital domain. You will therefore leverage digital design techniques to augment analog IC designs.
This position offers an exciting opportunity to influence the design and quality of our products, and the direction of the Wireless Group at Nordic. You will directly contribute to the success of the company, helping to create ultra-low power wireless technologies which will benefit the lives of billions worldwide.
A highly motivated individual, you enjoy working both independently and as part of a team. You embrace new challenges, thrive in detailed ´detective work´, and understand the impact of potential modifications in order to determine new developments with efficiency and accuracy.
The job involves a range of activities which may vary over time. On a regular basis, your responsibilities include:
- building up our digitally augmented analog discipline.
- working in close collaboration with analog designers to create the digitally augmented analog IC circuits of tomorrow.
- Collaborating closely with our digital IC design group, and ensuring that our digitally augmented analog follow the rules and regulations of high quality digital design
- Working on the radio frontend on blocks like digital filters and automatic gain control loops.
- Producing written specifications to facilitate communications between the analog and digital groups working on each product.
- Producing written documentation to demonstrate proof that each module functions as expected (50 – 100 pages for each module made).
ESSENTIAL EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- MSc in Electronics Engineering or equivalent, with up to 7 years´ relevant work experience
- Academic and/or professional experience with Digital IC Design and Verification modules
- Academic and/or professional experience with EDA ASIC design and verification tools
- Ability to focus on fine details
- Basic knowledge of analog IC design terminology
- Ability to be flexible and dynamic in order to contribute to determining the direction and scope of the evolving Wireless Group
- communication skills
- Fluent English language skills (written and oral)
DESIRABLE EDUCATION EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Experience with RF digital filters/AGC/demodulators
- Knowledge of and interest in scripting languages such as perl, python or similar in order to adjust computer tools to meet the Wireless Group´s requirements
- Experience with digital control of power management blocks
- Experience with all digital PLLs
- Competitive salary with bonus plan
- Insurance and pension plan
- 5 weeks´ annual paid vacation (following one year´s service)
- Flexible working hours
- Family friendly policies
- Employees’ sports and social club, multiple social activities throughout the year
- Relocation costs covered - for international moves to Norway, relocation assistance from our partner company expat Mid-Norway (www.expatmidnorway.com)
ABOUT NORDIC SEMICONDUCTOR
Nordic Semiconductor specializes in ultra-low power wireless communication supporting Bluetooth low energy, Bluetooth Mesh, ANT+, 2.4GHz, IEEE 802.15.4, Thread, Zigbee and LTE-M/NB-IoT. The company’s award-winning and highly flexible SoCs are employed by some of the world’s leading brands in a variety of IoT applications like beacons, smart homes, wearables, as well as wireless keyboards and mice, game controllers, sports equipment, toys and medical equipment.
Nordic’s development tools provide developers with an ideal starting point and ready-built design framework to accelerate development of IoT products. Its software architecture features a unique and powerful separation between protocol stack and user application code providing application developers maximum flexibility, ease-of-development, and code safety. High quality documentation and firmware are available to download on www.nordicsemi.com.
Ask questions, share info and be inspired on https://devzone.nordicsemi.com/questions/
Working for Nordic Semiconductor, you will be challenged and supported. Our teams enjoy a professional, informal working environment and we value and encourage continuous development of skills and expertise to the very highest levels, through in-house opportunities and external training. A close-knit, highly-skilled, international work-force, we are proud of our Norwegian heritage, world-leading innovation and professional excellence.
LOCATION Trondheim, Norway (preferred):
Nordic Semiconductor´s R&D Headquarters are in the city of Trondheim, situated on the Trondheim Fjord in Mid-Norway. Once the capital of Norway, it was founded in 997 A.D. and has long history and an exciting future. This vibrant city is expanding fast, with a current population of around 200,000. It has embraced the technology sector and is home to start-ups, SMEs, large businesses (including a number of Semiconductor companies), as well as established large-scale organisations such as SINTEF (the largest independent research institute in Scandinavia), the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), the University Hospital for Mid-Norway. The city has an excellent public transport network and is well-connected internationally, Trondheim Airport being only 40 minutes from the city centre. Trondheim is surrounded by sea and mountains, allowing the inhabitants easy access from city-life to nature – the perfect environment for contemplation and cutting-edge innovation.
LOCATION: Oslo, Norway
Oslo is one of the fastest-growing cities in Europe, with a current population of over 650,000. As Norway´s Capital, it is a hub of Norwegian commerce, industry, banking, and is home to a broad range of industries including the tech sector. A vibrant city, Oslo is also a cultural hub, home to national institutions including the Ballet and Theatre, as well as a diverse array of music, museums and restaurants. In addition, its proximity to mountains and the Oslo Fjord make the magnificence of Norwegian nature readily accessible. Oslo has been named European Green Capital 2019 for its approach to conserving its natural areas and restoring its network of waterways. The compact city centre is easy and safe to navigate on foot or by bike, and boasts a superb public transport system.
For more information, contact Carsten Wulff: Mobile: +47 72 89 89 95 or E-mail: Carsten.firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be treated confidentially