Electronics Technician (BE-RF-LRF-2018-104-LD)
Higher technical diploma in the field of electronics or a related field.
This position is open to electronics professionals with a keen interest to develop their knowledge of high-power RF systems, analogue and digital electronics, and high voltage installations.
The experience required for this post is:
- Experience in systematic fault finding and repairing electronic systems down to board level.
- Initial experience operating and maintaining RF power systems.
Experience in any of the following areas would be an asset:
- Radio frequency technology or microwave technology.
- Broadcast or radar systems.
- Tube and solid-state amplifiers.
- Pulsed high voltage equipment (1 - 100 kV).
- Power transistor technology.
- Operation and maintenance of RF components and systems.
- Operation and maintenance of power electronic components and systems.
- Knowledge and application of RF techniques.
- Testing and measurement of analog electronic circuits.
- Spoken and written English or French: ability to understand and speak the other language in routine situations.
Eligibility and closing date:
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States. (https://home.cern/about/member-states)
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 16.10.2018
Contract type: Limited duration contract (5 years). Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
These functions require:
- Work in Radiation Areas.
- Interventions in underground installations.
- A valid driving licence.
- Work during nights, Sundays and official holidays, when required by the needs of the Organization.
- Stand-by duty, when required by the needs of the Organization.