Senior CAD Support Engineer
££ Salary depending on experience
This is a great opportunity for a Senior CAD Support Engineer to join a multi national company that is responsible for designing products that end up in a variety of electronic devices including smartphones, tablets, wearables, drones, gaming devices, internet of things and automotive products.
In this role you will be supporting Mixed Signal and Analog IC design projects and you will be tasked with the set up, test and maintenance of the Analog/Mixed Signal and Digital IC Design environment and flow (Place & Route).
Other tasks include:
- Configure, test and maintain IC project data and user work areas
- Maintain and support PDK packages from foundries
- Develop scripts as needed to improve efficiency and productivity for the design community
- Provide support to designers for tool and flow issues
- Install CAD/EDA tools, testing and release to designers
- Integrate Third-party IP's into existing design flows
- Perform migration of Designs between different technologies and foundries
- Perform key role in project tapeouts including technical support and final verifications.
Industry degree qualified or equivalent, the successful CAD Support Engineer with have 8 years experience in CAD Support and will have experience in some or all of the following:
- Experience with Cadence Virtuoso Analog Design Environment and Cadence AMS
- Experience with revision control systems, knowledge of ClioSoft SOS
- Experience with FlexLM license manager and installations
- Experience with Project Tapeout support
- Good command of Linux/Unix operating system and be capable of writing scripts with Shell, Perl or Tcl, and Cadence SKILL language
- Good understanding of analog design flow, including design entry, simulation, layout verification and parasitic extraction
- Experience with Calibre layout verification flows (DRC, LVS, ERC, PEX)
- Capability to debug and solve CAD related problems
- Experience with job scheduler programs such as LSF
- Good interpersonal skills and communication skills
Contact Leon at IC Resources today to apply.