My client is a manufacturer of semiconductor and electronic inspection equipment - offering both optical and x-ray techniques. They're currently looking for a Business Manager who can essentially help them to 'launch' a new £2M+ product on a global scale. This position fuses technical and commercial responsibilities, likened to a Business Development or Product Management function. This person will therefore need:
- A technical degree (in physics, chemistry, or similar)
- A background in semiconductor test or inspection (wafer or final product)
- Experience in a strategic business development/product management/technical sales position
- The willingness to travel globally
- The ability to work from an office in Buckinghamshire whilst not travelling
Given the status of the product line, this position is an individual contributor role - however it is expected that the team will need to grow rapidly as the product succeeds. Therefore it's a great opportunity to impact the business and carve out a career path.