Want to be a World Champion?
Mercedes AMG HPP is looking to strengthen our Electronics Engineering team, building on our core competence in electrical, electronic and motor design technologies.
Quite simply, we’re looking for the best. Those who want to be progressively challenged. Those who are hungry for success. Those who want to win.
With an exceptionally strong team in place, we’re looking to recruit more talented, curious, and tenacious engineers who are passionate about accelerating technology development. If you’re ‘driven’ by owning pioneering solutions from concept to delivery, this could be the right time for you to join the team.
At Mercedes AMG HPP we’re committed to challenging convention and pushing the boundaries of electronic and motor technology development. This is focused around high performance, high efficiency hybrid and electrified powertrains, forming part of Daimler’s overarching electrification strategy. We’re working on several exciting hybrid / electric powertrain projects within Formula 1, Formula E and Mercedes-AMG’s much anticipated “Project ONE”.
We’re seeking experienced Electronics Engineers with one or more of the following specialisms to join the team at our dedicated hybrid technical centre in Brixworth, Northampton:
- Electrical Machine Design
- Motor Control
- Power Conversion Technologies (HV & LV)
- HV Inverters & Systems
- System Architecture / Battery Management Systems
- NI based Complex Test Systems
To be a success in this role you will...
- Deliver complex, innovative design solutions in an efficient and timely manner
- Ensure that the products are fully functional at the point of delivery, and also for ensuring that issues and faults are dealt with rapidly
- Act autonomously, ensuring accountability and ownership for the task in hand
- Deliver ‘right first time’ solution considering performance, durability, obsolescence, cost & other key programme metrics
- Design & development of new or existing electronics hardware
- Identify new performance differentiating technologies and accelerating their development
Therefore we need you to be skilled at...
- Fault finding and diagnostics
- Innovation & creativity; able to see solutions that others don’t, work from a blank sheet of paper and consistently start from the beginning
- Driving productivity and performance without compromising on quality
Have Experience of...
- Operating in a challenging electronics engineering environment
- Working with high voltage (1kV) and high power electrical drive systems (100kW+)
- Orcad schematic capture and layout (or similar)
- Analysing & understanding complex data
- LTSpice circuit simulator
Demonstrate knowledge of...
- Electronic system engineering principles (excellent)
- Automotive hybrid systems operation (strong)
- ATLAS & System Monitor
- PCB layout techniques (preferably Orcad/Allegro – to advanced level)
- Electronic hardware design (analogue & digital – advanced)
Hold these Qualifications...
- BEng / BSc Qualified (2:1 minimum) in Electrical / Electronic Engineering or allied discipline
- MEng/MSc Qualified in Electrical / Electronic Engineering or allied discipline
- Creative and innovative
- Excellent with problem solving skills
- Flexible & adaptable with excellent time management
- Excellent with written and oral communication
- A Team player
- Thorough and tenacious in your approach
- Able to demonstrate accountability and credibility
In return you’ll get the chance to be part of a team with some of the best in the world, at a state of the art facility, with a very real chance to make history.
We look forward to meeting you!