Business Development & Key Account Manager (Power Supply)
Business Development & Key Account Manager (Power Supply) - Manufacturer - UK
A leading Manufacturer of Power Supply Products is currently seeking an experienced Business Development / Key Account Manager who has the relevant knowledge of Power Electronics. The role is based from South England and will have requirements to travel to customers location throughout the UK on occasions.
The role involves 2 key parts:
1. Business Development - Creation and ongoing management of new business development strategies and processes. Identification of application and customer related business opportunities for products in the UK & Ireland.
2. Management of selected Key accounts within the UK & Ireland.
Business Development Responsibilities:
· Analyse existing markets and applications identifying opportunities for growth.
· Identify new markets and applications for the products and services.
· Manage prospect qualification with the help of the Telesales, Sales Office Managers and Regional Sales Managers.
· Generate and maintain a prospect list within the CRM. Cooperate with the Regional Sales Managers to convert opportunities to sales revenue.
· Directly supporting RSM's with joint visits to prospective accounts.
· Manage all prospect development information within 'CRM'.
· Market feedback on trends and requirements with a view to new product development for Lambda on competitor products and pricing.
Key Accounts Responsibilities:
· Achieve financial targets in line with monthly and annual budgets.
· Achieve 'Design Ins' in line with annual targets.
· Manage all customer contact information within 'CRM'.
· Manage Buffer Stock agreements monthly and buffer levels in line with usage and written agreements.
· Maintain daily contact with the Sales Office.
· Market feedback on competitor products and pricing.
· Market feedback on business trend and developing technologies in the Industrial Sector.
· Feedback market requirements for future Lambda product developments.
· Manage allocated demonstration stocks.
· Participation in regular team meetings, sales meetings and international conferences
· Trade shows, exhibitions and stand duty as required.
· Although primarily office based, national and international travel is an essential requirement and is anticipated to account for 2 days per week
Qualities and Qualifications:
· A strong sales / marketing background.
· A technical foundation, preferably in electrical / electronic engineering.
· Analytical and process orientated.
· Independent and self-motivated
· Good communication skills and IT literate.
· Proactive, optimistic and driven.
· Able to work as part of a team
· UK Passport and Full driving licence