Principal Mechanical Engineer
Principal Mechanical Engineer - Start-Up
Salary circa 60K, dependent on experience
I'm searching for a Principal Mechanical Engineer to help design the mechanical aspects of the product development of my client's technology. This is an exciting role within a start-up company who rapidly expanding. The Principal Mechanical Engineer will take a key role in the mechanical engineering team. Providing mechanical design, structural and thermal expertise to support the airborne product development of my clients technology and assist in all product development as part of the wider mechanical engineering team.
* 3-8+ years in mechanical and product design
* Experience of mechanical integration and certification of equipment onto Civil aircraft.
* Able to work with engineering teams across multiple disciplines to integrate technology requirements into the mechanical design.
* New product introduction and innovation.
* Management of subcontractors for design, analysis and manufacturing.
* Experience of customer liaison and support of customer demonstrations/installations.
* Advanced skills in CAD design and analysis.
* Good or advanced use of Solidworks for mechanical design and manufacturing.
* Good or advanced use of Finite Element Analysis and Computational Fluid Dynamics tools.
* Great communications and able to take responsibility for projects and delivery to tight timescales.
* Support of the wider technical deliverables required for product development, such as test equipment design, lifecycle management, methods development, peer reviews, procurement support and lab testing.
* Able to "get hands dirty" and learn on areas or skills that might be new.
* Happy being independent in working style and able to go away and solve problems.
* Design of parts for structural and aerodynamic performance.
* Design and analysis of thermal management solutions: heat-sinks, forced air cooling, liquid cooling and heat-pipes.
* Electronic PCB and mechanical integration.
* Product development of Avionics electronics.
* Aircraft certification testing including DO-160, HALT and HASS