South East England
Rate negotiable depending on experience
IC Resources is working with a successful business based in the South East to urgently find an Electrical Designer to join the team. The role will involve working on the electrical design for mass machinery and equipment. Responsibilities include:
- Preparation of initial concept and final detailed specifications for mass production machinery.
- Quotation: Preparation of budget and final quotations for mass production machinery.
- Risk assessment: Full risk assessment of machines & equipment to current EU standards.
- Hardware design: Preparation of Schematic drawings, Panel layout drawings, Field cable harnesses & Parts lists.
- Software design: Design of PLC & Safety PLC software, HMI screens.
- Supervision: Supervision of contract design engineers as and when the need arises.
- Planning: Planning & management of own design tasks and liaising with the Project Leader to contribute towards the overall project plan targets.
- Supplier Support: Development and control of third-party suppliers both on and off-shore.
- Production Support: Problem solving and countermeasure of design related issues at the point of installation.
- CE marking: Preparation of documentation and compiling of TCF files.
The successful applicant will have:
- Minimum of 2 years design experience in related industry, preferably automotive
- Demonstrable design experience of automated manufacturing/special purpose equipment
- Proficient in specification & design of schematic circuits
- Proficient in AutoCAD; preferably AutoCAD Electrical
- Proficient in PLC programming; preferably Omron & Mitsubishi
- Proficient in design of HMI screens; preferably Proface, Omron & Mitsubishi
- Experienced in commissioning & maturation of mass production equipment
- Demonstrable experience of problem solving & implementation of countermeasures
- Strong planning and self-management towards project targets
- Strong communication skills at all levels
- Flexible approach to work as and when the business direction changes
- High availability outside of normal core hours with a willingness to work weekends or shifts if required
- Degree / HND in relevant engineering discipline
- Demonstrable experience of successful project target completion
- BIW process knowledge and experience
- Report writing and presentation skills
- Large & small Project Control/Supervision skills
- Machinery directive/machine building knowledge
- Knowledge of preparing CE requirements and documentation
- Knowledge of preparing design risk assessments
If you fulfil the above criteria and would like further details please contact Parm Shergill on 01189 840947