Senior Embedded Engineer
Senior Embedded Software Engineer
to £65k plus benefits
Exciting opportunity for a Principal Embedded Engineer to join an expanding team of leading experts within a Aircraft Connectivity and other adjacent connectivity growth technologies (5G/IoT). Candidates should have a good breadth and depth of embedded software experience in C or C++ with Telecommunications experience. The ideal person will have blend of Embedded C/C++ software and ideally telecoms expertise.
Candidates should have the following skills:
* Graduate or MSc. qualified in Electronics, Software Engineering or Communication Engineering
*wireless product development environment (satellite communications or cellular a distinct advantage)
* Knowledge and experience of Object Oriented design principles (e.g. SOLID, Design Patterns)
* Experience with test frameworks and test design principles
* Ability to employ common real-time embedded test equipment
* A system-level understanding of wireless communications systems from RF/Layer 1 up to protocol layers is a distinct advantage.
* Knowledge of network and interface protocols such as BGAN, Global Xpress, TCP/IP, Ethernet, ISDN, GSM, GPRS, UMTS, TETRA and Wi-Fi.
The primary role of the job includes
* Architectural design and partitioning of major embedded software components
* Design, documentation and coding of real-time embedded software (C/C++)
* Mentoring and technical guidance to more junior engineers
* Development of test harnesses and frameworks for module and integration testing
* Development of device drivers and interrupt routines on 16-bit and 32-bit MPUs and micro-controllers
Please send your CV to Emma Windows at IC Resources
skills: embedded, C/C++, telecomms, satcomms, Gloucestershire, tewekesbury, southwest