Space Mechanical Design Engineer
Are you looking for an unique opportunity to work for an innovative start up designing cutting edge products in a collaborative and creative environment? If so I may have the perfect role for you!
My client has secured long term funding to produce space laser communications equipment and, due to the success of early prototypes, are looking for a Space Mechanical Design Engineer to join the team.
In addition to a competitive salary my client is able to offer flexible working hours, some remote working, travel and training bursaries. There will also be the potential to progress to VP level as the company grows, so the ideal candidate will have natural leadership qualities and a hunger to move their career forwards.
As the Space Mechanical Design Engineer your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
* Preliminary and detailed design of payload enclosures, telescope mechanical assemblies, high precision actuation mechanisms for space and airborne environments.
* Design and manufacturing of test equipment, working closely with AIT personnel.
* Clear and concise technical presentation of work to the team and mentoring/teaching of junior staff.
* Planning, completing and documenting validation and qualification testing of new designs.
* Participating in Design Reviews throughout each phase of payload development.
* Design and create technical 3D CAD models and 2D manufacturing drawings.
* Managing and meeting cost and weight targets.
The successful applicant will have:
* Extensive experience using professional CAD software, preferably Solidworks
* Experience developing a thermal optomechanical systems.
* Experience developing mechanical, optomechanical systems for space environments.
* Experience with active and passive TCS hardware.
* Education to degree level (or equivalent) in Aerospace Engineering or related discipline.
Desirable skills/experience include:
* Experience performing include Aerodynamics, Fluid Mechanics and Thermodynamics analysis of designs.
* Experience with Matlab and software. Other programming languages are desirable.
* Knowledge of icing problems in an aerospace context.
* Proven track record of problem solving for thermal systems in an aerospace context.
* Experience using simulation tools to simulate complex thermal and mechanical problems, preferably ANSYS
* Experience working on Cubesat projects, UAV, HAPS projects.
If you fulfil the above criteria and would like further details please contact Sasha Booth at IC Resources.
Apply for Space Mechanical Design Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly