A Mechanical Engineer is required for a start-up business based in Milton Keynes that designs and manufactures medical device technology. This is an exciting time for the business with two products now brought to market and a continual drive to improve existing and develop new products. They're looking for an mechanical engineer to join their team and extend their engineering capabilities.
You will be responsible for the oversight and management of new product developments and supporting production. In the role you'll need to;
* Investigate technical issues to their root cause
* Own the production engineering interface with our contract manufacturer.
* Manage external suppliers
* Develop new designs with a focus on rapid time to market
* Draft and maintain CAD / drawings
* Design and execute test plans
* Draft technical reports
* Contribute to improving our quality system processes
In additional, as part of a small, tight high performance team you'll be expected to chip in and help out solving technical issues in development, manufacturing or customer issues; whatever is required.
Skills / Qualifications
* Good fundamental understanding of low pressure pneumatics and hydraulics
* Experience of 2D and 3D design preferably Solidworks
* Experience of working within and contributing to quality systems in a regulated environment (medical, automotive, aerospace, etc)
* 2+ years' experience in a similar role
* Scientific/Engineering degree qualified
* An interest in software and/or electronics would be beneficial.
Apply for Mechanical Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly