6 days left
- Full Time
I'm recruiting for a mechanical engineer to work in the military/aerospace market for a company who are continuing to expand. You will be designing high end ruggedized electronic products mainly for the defence sector. The role is open to a raw graduates through to seasoned professionals. If you're a new graduate you will need to be a good problem solver, bright, enterprising, be able to express your opinion and be a self-starter. For experienced engineers will be able to meet the key responsibilities below, being able to design, test and analyse.
- Design of leading edge Mechanical components for Electronic assemblies used in the Defence arena
- Perform Thermal & Structural analysis on designs
- Generate design drawings, documentation, and reports
- Participate in design and functional specification reviews and provide feedback
- Ensure mechanical designs meet quality and design criteria
- Work closely with hardware & manufacturing engineers to ensure design is optimised
- Work in dynamic team development environment, using agile methodologies
- Perform all aspects of mechanical development life cycle - from requirements capture through to customer support
- Collaborate with the global mechanical engineer team members
- Achieve high quality deliverables by adhering to best practices and agreed procedures
- Assist Design/Production/QA where required to resolve issues
- New graduate to extensive experience.
- Candidate will have knowledge of Solidworks 3d CAD software and structural FEA.
- Candidate will be a Mechanical graduate with a minimum of 2:1 Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering or equivalent and experience in Thermal & Stress analysis
- Candidate will have a broad knowledge of various methods of manufacture such as casting, machining, extruding etc.
- Six sigma/ statistical analysis/ FMEA skills are desired but not critical
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Self-motivated with minimal guidance to achieve results
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Encourages feedback from mentors and learns from it
Apply for Mechanical Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly